Informed Opinions graduates have published 7 op eds in recent months, and three in the past few weeks alone. Now we’re bringing the workshop to the Toronto NGO community on December 2nd, thanks in part to the generosity of Alison Loat at Samara, who has kindly allowed us to use her facility for the daylong session.
Good candidates for the workshop include knowledgeable and articulate women working or volunteering for any non profit organization who have informed opinions about pressing issues and everyday news – women whose ideas and analysis would contribute to enhancing public understanding.
If you, or someone you know, fits this description, contact us via the Informed Opinions website.
Workshop participants (limited to 20) will:
- become more confident about owning and articulating their expertise
- learn a simple way to write clear, persuasive commentary about their issues
- complete key elements of an op ed about a matter that’s important to their organization
- hear from a newspaper editor about how the submissions process works
- gain access to editing support to improve their chances of getting published
- learn simple strategies to improve their effectiveness in interviews
- have the opportunity to be included in an online expert sources list for journalists
Date: Thursday 2 December 2010
Time: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Place: 33 Prince Arthur Ave (just off Bloor and Avenue Rd)
Cost: $250 (includes lunch; limited scholarship funds available for demonstrated need)